GitHub repo checklist
- Is the name clear and descriptive?
If your project is active, does your description:
- Let someone know exactly what’s in the repo?
- Describe the code and the project in a sentence or two?
If your project is no longer active, does your description:
- Note it’s no longer active by placing the word DEPRECATED in front of the description?
- Indicate where people can find the active version of the project, if one exists?
Does your README answer the following questions:
- What is the project?
- How does someone develop, use, and test the code?
- How can people become more involved?
- What is the licensing for this project?
- How do people contact the developers or ask a question?
Are your issues:
- Written clearly and in the style of a user story?
- Labeled clearly with the type of help you need?
- Detailed with additional documentation as needed?